Friday 4 May 2007

Bible Power

CENTRAL EASTERN EUROPE:
“My name is Pavlinka, and I live in Bulgaria. I’m married, and I have two daughters.”

Empty dreams
“When I was a student, I had a friend who would talk to me about God. But back then I was interested in a completely different lifestyle. I thought it would limit my perspective on life and be boring to be a believer. I thought I would be happy when I had my own family and children. But when I finally had all that I had dreamed of, I felt unsatisfied and empty inside. I had two wonderful kids, but still my life seemed meaningless.”

A Bible of her own
“Then Jana [a Bible League-trained worker] gave me a Bible study booklet from the Bible League. When I finished that first booklet, I received a New Testament. When I completed another three-part study, I received a Bible and became part of a Bible study group.”

Living by the Word
“My favorite passage from the Bible became Jesus’ words in John 8:31-32—‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’ When I read those verses I finally understood that only the truth of God’s Word could bring me joy and peace.

“Now I am a member of the local evangelical church. I go there together with my two daughters. Right now they are taking part in a Bible League Bible study for children.”

Click Here to visit our website

No comments: